This One Summer

For this week, I read This One Summer by Mariko Tamaki and Jillian Tamaki. I enjoy reading this comic a lot. The transitions are so smooth and when I finished reading, I felt I had just watched a movie. The characters seem like they are all in motion. The authors are really good at depicting characters’ feeling inside.
I found it interesting that the whole story is actually all around pregnancy. Rose’s family has problem with a second child. Her parents were having arguments all the time. Rose’s mother lost the child while she’s swimming, and that was the reason why she refused to go into the water. On the other side, the conflict between the local youths was about one of the girls that might accidentally get pregnant. And in the end, two storylines come together.
The whole story is like Rose’s summer dairy. It’s a story about growing up. Female authors made the story more delicate. The readers can easily have connection with the story.

Comments

Popular Posts