Asterios Polyp

“Life is stressful. That’s why they say ‘rest in peace.’” This is my favorite quote frome Asterios Polyp.

 Good Ok Bad :: Asterios Polyp Study Guide

For this week, I read Asterios Polyp by David Mazzucchelli. Asterios Polyp is a graphic novel telling the story of the main character with the same name, Asterios. Every character in the book is unique. The author used different art styles to identify each character. It’s interesting to notice that the author even use a different font for each character to show their personality. I love how the author drew Asterios in geometric shapes and drew Hana in a soft and artistic style. One represents rational and the other represents emotional. And I love how the author express Asterios and Hana walked into each other’s lives, and when they had argument, they went back to geometric form and artistic style. As for me, sometimes comics or graphic novels will impress me more compared to novels. Images can express some emotions and ideas that words can’t. Graphic novels are visually impressive.

Comments

Popular Posts