Week 5: The Blanket


For this week, I read part of The Blanket by Craig Thompson. The first time when I saw the book cover of The Blanket, I thought it might be a love story and it would be warm-hearted and it would be a comedy. Then I found I was totally wrong. I had a nice childhood. I love my family. My parents love me. They always encourage me to do what I love. My primary school life was not bad. Even though the school work was way too much for a primary school student, and I got lots of pressure from school, my classmates were amazing and I got lots of friends. The Blanket recalls my childhood memory. I could say that I had a totally opposite childhood with the author. But from the drawings, I could feel how depressed he was. He hated everything. He definitely loved his younger brother, and he wanted to protect him. However, he couldn’t. And he could not help hurting his brother with words. He felt guilty and regretful. He was bullied at school, but he couldn’t tell anyone. He wanted to escape, but the only way to escape was trying to dream. The mood of The Blanket is so depressing. The author was so successful in expressing his feeling through his work. Even if I don’t have a similar experience, it’s easy to connect to the story.

Comments

  1. I like how you response on the Blanket. Your verbalization is really good, it refreshes what I felt when I read the Blanket.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts