Week 4: The Adventure of Tintin


This week, I read The Adventures of Tintin: Tintin in Tibet by Herge. I have watched The Adventures of Tintin on TV when I was little. The stories were always interesting. It’s my first time to read Tintin comic. Different from the comics I read in the previous week, The Adventures of Tintin has much longer and more complete stories. The environment was drawn more detailed. There is one scene in Tintin in Tibet, and Tintin and Captain are in the hotel. Tintin suddenly wakes up from his nightmare and shouts out Chang’s name, which scares Captain and other customers in the hotel. That single scene takes up half a page, and every single people in the picture has a different reaction, with coffee pouring out, poker cards and puzzle pieces flying, someone falling off the chair and so on. The background is so fully occupied and detailed. I feel every scene can be an illustration. The other characteristic of comics of this time period I have found is that the characters are more realistic and less exaggerated. Even though Herge has his own style, and the face of the characters are kind of cartoony, comparing with Garfield and Peanuts, Tintin is much more realistic.

Comments

Popular Posts